How to make Chicken Curry: also known as Murgh Karahi can be made in so many different ways. Here is a traditional and authentic Indian recipe you can make at home to wow your friends and family.
Butter Chicken is my kids favourite Indian recipe. Here is a restaurant style butter chicken you can easily make at home. This authentic Murg Makhani is delicious, easy to make and great for special weekend lunch. Murg means Chicken and Makhani means buttery/creamy so this decadent dish is a great way to impress your sweetheart this Valentines Day. Now if you are a butter chicken aficionado then here are few of our other tasty recipes that you must try.
- Butter Chicken Recipe the Best One
- Restaurant style Butter Chicken
- Baked Butter Chicken Recipe
- Simple Butter Chicken Curry
- 6 ingredient Butter chicken
How to Make Butter Chicken | Authentic Butter Chicken Recipe
1 lb. boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
2 tablespoons tandoori masala
1 teaspoon EACH: ginger paste and garlic paste
½ cup yogurt
1 tablespoon oil
BUTTER CHICKEN SAUCE:
2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 ½ teaspoon EACH: ginger paste and garlic paste
1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 1/2 tablespoon coriander powder
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
¼ teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves
– Marinade the chicken for 20 mins atleast. Longer the better.
– When ready to cook, first prepare the sauce by adding all ingredients as shown in the video. Then blend them to get silky smooth consistency. Cook chicken and combine the two. Finish off with dried fenugreek leaves and enjoy over rice.
Crispy Pakoras are a great finger food. Serve this tasty snack at your next super bowl party or game night. Easy to make these fritters are crowd pleaser. Although their are many different variety of Pakoras or Pakoda ( whatever you may choose to call it) Mixed Pakoras are my favourite as you get a bit of everything. Here’s a simple recipe for you to try in your own kitchen. Pakoras were our special treat on rainy days or whenever we had guests over.
Oil for deep frying
2-3 cups of chopped veggies- medley of vegetables
Spices- Salt, pepper, Amchur ( mango Powder), ajwain ( carom-caraway seeds), chilli powder, Dried fenugreek leaves. Spice level should be adjust as per the quantity you are cooking.
Optional– 2 tbsp Ketchup ( simply to add a little bit more oomph to your pakoras)
1/2 cup to 3/4 cup chickpea flour- Besan
2-3 tbsp water.
Mix spices with veggies and let stand for 10-15 mins. Veggies start to ooze out water. Add in besan a.k.a chickpea flour and make a batter. Deep fry small portions in hot oil. Serve with Chutney of your choice. The best thing about this dish is that its gluten free, dairy free, vegan and you get to eat your veggies. After all, eating vegetables shouldn’t be a boring task.
Paneer Butter Masala is often considered decadent, rich, creamy dish. Here we’ve created a healthier version without use of any butter or cream but no compromise on the taste.
If you are a big fan of Paneer like, I am then do check out our other Paneer Recipes as well.
4 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
400 gms Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese)
1 chopped onion
2 tsp minced garlic
2-4 tbsp greek yogurt
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 bay leaf
salt to taste
1 tsp red chilli powder
3-4 green cardamom pods
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
Garnish: Cilantro leaves
1. Saute paneer pieces in coconut oil and set aside once golden brown.
2. In same pan with a little bit more oil, add bay leaf.
3. Add in chopped onions and cashews. Next, add cumin, coriander, cardamom seeds, salt and chilli powder.
4. Mix well. Add minced garlic. Cook onions are golden brown and no longer raw.
5. Add in tomatoes. Once tomatoes are tender, blend all ingredients with a little bit of water. Remove the bay leaf though.
6. Pour curry in the pan. Add yogurt. Mix gently and add curry powder. Add paneer pieces. Let it all simmer for few mins.
7. Add garam masala. Finish off by adding kasoori methi ( dried fenugreek leaves) and cilantro leaves.
Serve with rice or roti.
Here is an easy and delicious Bell Peppers recipe for which you don’t need very many ingredients. Best thing is that bell peppers are available all year round where I love so we can enjoy this dish anytime of the year.
Ingredients and Method
2-3 Bell peppers
4 medium size potatoes
2-3 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3-4 garlic cloves
1 tsp salt ( adjust as per your taste)
1/2 tsp Turmeric
2 tbsp Tomato Paste
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (Kasoori Methi)
Optional: Red chilli pwd
Chop onions, potatoes and peppers.
Heat oil in a pan or wok and add cumin seeds. After 30 secs, add onions, garlic, salt and turmeric.
After 2-3 mins, add potatoes, bell peppers. Mix well. Cover and cook for 7-8 mins.
Add tomato paste. Mix well and cook until almost done. Add dried fenugreek leaves ( Kasoori methi) and give another 5 mins. Ensure potatoes are tender and everything is fully cooked before serving 🙂
Indeed a great side dish.
Chicken curry is simple and easy dish that can be enjoyed with rice, naan or roti. Homemade curry is healthier than store bought or restaurant dishes. Chicken drumsticks used in the recipe give great flavour to this curry. Here’s a simple recipe that even beginners can feel comfortable with. Besides, the following Chicken Curry Recipe, you might find the following dishes delicious as well.
7-8 chicken drumsticks
2 tbsp Oil for cooking
1 tsp curry powder/chicken masala
1 small roughly chopped onion
1 tbsp ginger- garlic paste/or chopped ginger and garlic
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp crushed coriander seeds ( or powder)
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 tomatoes or paste
2 cups of water
Spices used: salt, Turmeric and red chilli powder
Fresh Cilantro leaves for garnish
Adjust Salt per taste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
– Heat oil in a pan and fry coriander/cumin/mustard for 30 secs.
— Add onions and mix well. Add ginger- garlic.
– Add salt, turmeric and chilli powder. Cook for 2-3 mins.
– Add chicken. Mix well. Cover and cook for 3-4 mins.
– Add tomatoes. Combine well with other ingredients.
– Add curry powder. Mix well. Fry for 5-6 mins.
– Add water and let chicken cook until tender and no longer raw.
– Add dried fenugreek leaves and cilantro. Mix well.
– Serve with Roti/naan or rice.
Lentils is one of the most common food dishes made in Indian households. In this recipe video, you’ll learn how to make Brown Lentils (Whole Masar) in slow cooker and season it with flavorful Tadka. This Indian Lentils Stew is really healthy, easy to prepare and so hearty and comforting. These Lentils can be enjoyed over rice, with roti, paratha, naan or other kinds of breads.
2 cups Brown Lentils
8 cups of water
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
2 tsp Red chilli pwd (or for milder taste Paprika)
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 large onion
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
1 Green chilli
2 tbsp oil
Optional: Dallops of butter/ Ghee, Cilantro leaves, Julienne Ginger etc
1. Add lentils in slow cooker along with water.
2. Add salt, turmeric, Red chilli pwd
3. Cook for 2 hours.
4. Prepare Tadka (Tempering/ Seasoning) by heating 2 tbsp oil in a wok.
5. Add cumin seeds. Fry for 30 secs. Add onions, green chilli and ginger-garlic paste
6. Cook for 3-4 mins. Add tomatoes and let them turn mushy. Add in garam masala and mix well.
7. Add tadka in the lentils and let cook further for 30 mins. Cooking further is optional.
These lentils will be thick. More water can be added during cooking process for soupy consistency.
Tasty and Easy Cauliflower wings are great for snacking and quite healthy. I’ve started noting down all my recipes in special Laton Group notebooks and you can buy these books online from this Toronto based company.
USE DISCOUNT CODE to get 10% off your order.
Cauliflower Wings Recipe:
1 head of Cauliflower
1/3 cup whipping Cream/milk or almond milk
3 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper ( or Paprika)
1 tsp Curry Powder
2-3 drops of oil
Water to make a paste
Season with Sesame Seeds and Green Onions
For Sauce: (Be creative/ feel free to mix and match here)
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp Hot Sauce/ Sriracha
1 tbsp BBQ Sauce/Ketchup
Few drops of Mustard/Red chilli sauce
– Marinade Cauliflower florets in flour and spice paste for 10-15 mins then bake at 425 F for 20-25 mins. Then brush with sauce and give another 10 mins. Let cool down then season with sesame seeds and green onions and serve.