Gluten free, Vegan, protein rich, fiber rich and flavourful..this soup will keep you full for hours. This healthy chickpea soup is a must try for all soup lovers.
1 cup chickpeas soaked overnight
1 tsp Salt (more towards the end can be added to adjust per your taste and requirement)
1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Paprika
1 large chopped Onion
1 tbsp chopped Ginger
2-3 garlic cloves chopped
1 large Tomato or two small tomatoes
2-3 tbsp oil
1 bay leaf
1 cinnamon stick
1-2 cups of veggies
4-5 cups of water
Bunch of Cilantro leaves for garnish
– You can use canned chickpeas or if you are using fresh ones (like I am), Soak them in water overnight.
– Heat oil in a cooker. Fry cinnamon and bay leaf with ginger-garlic and onions. Mix well. Give them 2-3 mins.
– Add veggies.
– Add salt, cumin powder, paprika and turmeric. Fry veggies for 3-4 mins.
– Add tomatoes and let them become tender. Add half of cilantro leaves now..Add half as garnish towards the end.
– Mix and add chickpeas (discard the water they were soaking in). Add water.
– Close the lid and cook for 3-4 whistles. Longer if you didn’t presoak the ingredients.
– Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve warm.