I’ll be lying if I said I don’t like fried rice. I mean seriously who doesn’t like fried rice?
Here are my 5 favourite Fried rice recipes. If you have an amazing fried rice recipe then please let me know and share it in comments below.
1. Easy Egg Fried Rice Recipe : Prepare this super easy egg fried rice using leftover rice, vegetables of your choice, egg and some basic spices/sauces. This quick and easy egg fried recipe is a complete meal in itself. Great for snacking or to take to office/school in a lunch box.
Long day at work? You are hungery, tired and tempted to get something from a take out or drive thru junk food. Hold on, why not try this quick, easy and flavourful chicken fried rice which can be prepared in less than 10 mins.
1.5 cup cooked rice (So, if you have leftover rice and wondering what to do, this is a great recipe to try)
250 gms chicken pieces
Salt per taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup onion
1 green chilli
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
Green onions for garnish
2-3 tbsp oil for cooking
1 tbsp Soy sauce and vinegar
1/2 tbsp Fish sauce
1 cup veggies of your choice (Carrots, beans and peas work great)
You can also try adding red peppers, corn and mushrooms
1. Add 1 tbsp oil in your rice and mix well with your hands so that each grain separates and frys well.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add onions and green chilli. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a min.
3. Add Chicken and let it get white. Add veggies and saute them for a min and then add soy sauce, vinegar and fish sauce.
4. After about another min, put veggies and chicken on the side of the pan and add egg.
5. Cook for 45 secs and then scramble it up. Add rice and mix well.
6. Add salt and pepper. Garnish with green onions and serve.
Prepare take out style veg fried rice in the comfort of your own home. This simple recipe requires very few ingredients and is ready in no time.
1.5 cup cooked rice (great recipe for leftover rice)
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Vinegar
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1-2 tbsp Hot Chilli Sauce
2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
2-3 tbsp Oil for cooking
1/2 cup onions
2 carrots chopped and 2 cups of other veggies of your choice
(like mushrooms, red pepper, green peas, green beans)
1. Mix 1 tbsp Sesame Oil in rice and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok and fry onions and carrots.
3. Add other veggies and mix well. Add Soy sauce, vinegar, hot chilli sauce and hoisin sauce. Stir- fry for 2-3 mins more.
4. Add in rice. Mix well and Serve.
4. Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe : Shrimp Lovers hold your breath. Here is an awesome Shrimp Fried Rice recipe that you got to try.
340 gms Raw, Deveined, Tail off Shrimp
1 cup Cooked Rice (of your choice)
2-3 cups of Veggies of your choice
(I used green beans, cabbage, peas, carrots)
1 med size onion
1/4 cup Cilantro for garnish
3 tbsp Oil for cooking ( 2 tbsp to cook shrimp/onions and 1 tbsp to saute vegetables)
Salt (Per taste)
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Red Chilli Pwd
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp Lemon juice
2 tbsp Soya Sauce
1. Cook 1 cup rice
2. Chop up the vegetables
3. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Once its hot, add cumin and mustard seeds.
4. Let them splutter and add onions, ginger garlic paste and spices.
5. Once onions turn golden brown, add shrimp. Let it cook and then set aside.
6. In a pan, add 1 tbsp oil and saute your vegetables.
7. Combine shrimp, vegetables and rice.
8. Add lemon juice ans soy sauce. Mix well.
9. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot.
5. Simple Veg Fried Rice Recipe : Don’t Like Meat? Don’t Like Egg? No worries. Give shot to this simple veg fried rice recipe. This Indian style fried rice recipe is made using basic Indian spices and you can use any vegetables of your choice.