One for my favourite Indian dishes is Chicken Korma. Recipe for chicken Korma is not that complicated. The other day I was looking at products at my grocery store’s Indian aisle and was shocked to see the amount of additives that go into prepackaged Korma sauces. Seriously, does our body need those extra chemicals? I have outlined a basic chicken Korma recipe below that you can tailor to suit your taste and preference. Enjoy 🙂
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 chopped onion
1 small green chilli (optional)
2 cloves of garlic and 1/2 inch piece of ginger
Salt (per taste)
1 tsp turmeric
1-1/2 tsp red chilli pwd
2 tsp coriander pwd
1 tsp cinnamon pwd
3 green cardamom
2 tbsp shredded coconut (we used fresh) but you can also use dried ones (sweetened or unsweetened.both work well)
1/2 lb of chicken
1/2 cup half and half cream
2 tbsp tomato paste
Optional – Cilantro for garnish
1. Heat Oil in a pan. In hot oil, add cumin seeds.
2. In spluttering seeds, add onions and green chillies. Quickly mix and add ginger-garlic. ( Can be substituted for ginger-garlic paste)
3. Fry until onions are golden brown. Add chicken and salt. Fry for 3-4 mins.
4. Add turmeric and red chilli pwd. Add green cardamom (split it a bit so that essence is released in the curry), cinnamon and coriander powder.
5. Mix spices well. Add tomato puree and half and half cream.
6. Let everything simmer for 10-15 mins.
7. Add coconut ( for spicier version, add garam masala and black pepper). If curry is too thick, add some water.
8. Garnish with Cilantro leaves before serving and serve over rice or your favourite flatbread. Tastes amazing with Butter Garlic Naan.
3 thoughts on “How to make Chicken Korma at home?”
Hey i must say u have a most wonderful and mouth wtinraeg blog. I tried this recipe and it came out just awesome…. very simple and quick 🙂 thanks a lot 🙂
Hi how many people is this recipe for?
I would say 2-3