Squash Curry (Lauki or Ghiya) with Vadiyan ( Amristari Badi) is quite tasty and healthy. Here’s a simple recipe that you can prepare and enjoy with rice or roti.
1-2 Vadiyan (Lentil crackers)
1-2 long Squash (Ghiya)
1 small onion chopped
Salt per taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder and turmeric
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp curry powder or Kadai masala/ Garam masala
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
2-3 tbsp oil for cooking
cilantro/ coriander leaves for garnish
– Crush Vadi.
– Chop Squash
– Heat oil in pressure cooker and add cumin seeds. After a min, add onions, ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric, red chilli powder. Mix well.
– After 2-3 mins, add Vadi. Fry for 2 mins.
– Add tomatoes and let them become tender.
– Next, add Squash. Mix well. Add curry powder and 1/2 cup water.
-Cover the pressure cooker and cook for a 1-2 whistles.
-Let the pressure cooker cool down before opening it.
– Add in dried fenugreek leaves and garnish with cilantro leaves then serve.
If you like Squash/ Ghiya or Lauki as a vegetable, also try our other Squash recipes:
1. Simple Squash curry
2. Ghiya Ka Halwa – Squash Pudding
3. Ghiya ka Raita – Yogurt Preparation
4. Easy Zucchini Curry Recipe
5. Chana Dal with Ghiya recipe