Learn how to make Aloo Bonda which is basically spiced potato dumpling or call them potato balls. Great for parties, get togethers or potlucks. They also make a tasty snacking treat.
Follow us on twitter @eateastindian
Like our facebook page : Eat East Indian
More delicious recipes on : http://eateastindian.com/blog/
Ingredients: (Makes 30-40 balls)
4-5 medium size potatoes
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger-garlic
3 stalks of cilantro leaves (coriander leaves) chopped
1 small green chilli (optional- can make bonda’s extremely spicy)
2 tsp Mango Powder (Amchur)
1/2 tsp Red chilli pwd
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp black pepper pwd
1 cup Chickpea flour (Besan)
1/2 cup Rice Flour
Pinch of garam masala and mango pwd
Oil for deep frying
1. Boil, peel and mash potatoes
2. Add all the spices and mix everything thoroughly and make small golf size balls.
3. Prepare the batter by gradually adding water. Batter shouldn’t be too thick or runny.
4. Dip the potato balls in the batter and deep fry until golden brown (should only be 3-4 mins). You can fry several balls at a time.
5. Serve with your favourite sauce and enjoy!