Chicken curry is simple and easy dish that can be enjoyed with rice, naan or roti. Homemade curry is healthier than store bought or restaurant dishes. Chicken drumsticks used in the recipe give great flavour to this curry. Here’s a simple recipe that even beginners can feel comfortable with. Besides, the following Chicken Curry Recipe, you might find the following dishes delicious as well.
7-8 chicken drumsticks
2 tbsp Oil for cooking
1 tsp curry powder/chicken masala
1 small roughly chopped onion
1 tbsp ginger- garlic paste/or chopped ginger and garlic
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp crushed coriander seeds ( or powder)
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 tomatoes or paste
2 cups of water
Spices used: salt, Turmeric and red chilli powder
Fresh Cilantro leaves for garnish
Adjust Salt per taste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
– Heat oil in a pan and fry coriander/cumin/mustard for 30 secs.
— Add onions and mix well. Add ginger- garlic.
– Add salt, turmeric and chilli powder. Cook for 2-3 mins.
– Add chicken. Mix well. Cover and cook for 3-4 mins.
– Add tomatoes. Combine well with other ingredients.
– Add curry powder. Mix well. Fry for 5-6 mins.
– Add water and let chicken cook until tender and no longer raw.
– Add dried fenugreek leaves and cilantro. Mix well.
– Serve with Roti/naan or rice.