Enjoy cooking the Indian Street Food at Home-The Pav Bhaji!
• 1 large carrot, cubed
• 2 potatoes, cubed
• 1 capsicum, chopped
• 1 cup cauliflower florets, chop
• 8-10 french beans, string and chop
• 1/4 cup green peas
• 2 onions, finely chopped
• 2 green chillis, slit length wise
• 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
• 1/4 tsp turmeric pwd
• 1/2 tsp red chilli pwd
• 1 1/2 tbsps Pav Bhaji Masala
• 3/4 tsp sugar (adjust)
• salt to taste
• 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp low fat butter (vegans can avoid butter)
• fresh coriander leaves for garnish
• 1 1/2 tbsps oil
• 16 lightly toasted in butter, pav bread (vegans can use vegan butter substitute)
• Pressure cook potatoes, cauliflower, peas, beans and carrot along with 1 cup of water, till soft. Drain any left over water and keep aside. Mash all the cooked vegetables using a masher.
• Heat oil in a vessel, add the green chillis and onions and saute for 4 mts.
• Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for another 3 mts. Add capsicum and saute for 2 mts.
• Add the chilli pwd, turmeric pwd, pav bhaji masala, sugar and salt. Combine well. Add the tomatoes and cook until soft, approx 5-6 mts.
• Add the mashed vegetables along with a cup of the drained vegetable stock and cook on high for a mt. Reduce flame and simmer for 14-15 mts.
• The gravy will begin to thicken. Adjust the salt, if required. Turn off heat and add butter and lemon juice and combine. Garnish with fresh coriander
Recipe and pictures taken from Sail US FoodGoogle+