Rolls or Wraps or Frankies are perfect for on the go snacks/breakfast for kids, View the video here: Kathi Roll, Frankie
• Whole wheat flour – 1 1/4 cups
• Maida – 1/4 cup
• Salt – to taste
• Oil – 1 tsp
• Milk – as needed to knead the dough
For the stuffing:
• Mixed vegetables(Carrot,capsicum and beans) – 3/4 cup (Chop it lengthwise)
• Turmeric pwd – a pinch
• Garam masala powder or chat masala – 1/2 tsp
• Ginger green chilli paste – 1 tsp (Recipe below)
• Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
• Green chutney – few tbsp
• Onion -1 finely sliced
• Olive oil – 1 tbsp
• Salt to taste
To make ginger green chilli paste:
• Take a small piece of ginger and 1 green chilli, grind it to a smooth paste with little salt and your ginger green chilli paste is ready.
To prepare the parathas:
• Mix salt, wheat flour and maida. Add milk slowly to form a soft dough.
• Keep covered and let it rest till the stuffing is done
To prepare the stuffing
• Heat oil, add onions and saute until golden brown.Add ginger chilli paste and saute for a min then add all the veggies, saute for 3mins or until cooked till the veggies are crunchy.
• Add turmeric, garam masala powder and lemon juice mix well. Cook keeping lid closed for 2more minutes and switch off.
To make it as a wrap:
• Pinch a lemon sized ball from the dough and flatten it like we do for chapathis. Dust flour if needed.
• Then heat a dosa pan,once it is hot place the prepared parathas and cook on both sides.Likewise prepare all the parathas and keep aside.
• At the time of serving, add little oil and toast the prepared parathas . Then spread 1/2 tbsp of green chutney, add a heaped tbsp of stuffing(either paneer bhurji/veg stuffing).
• Then gently seal it from the bottom then close it tightly from the both the sides(left & right) to form a roll as shown in the pic(Rolling this way avoids stuffing from dropping out)
• Then wrap the lower part of the parathas with butter paper/silver foil and enjoy ur kati rolls.