Kachori is a very famous, spicy & mouthwatering north Indian snack or breakfast. It is a flatten puffed bread stuffed with yellow lentil (mung).Here is the recipe for it!
1. 1 ½ cup wheat flour
2. 1 cup sooji
3. 1 cup of ghee /oil
4. 1 tbsp salt
5. 1 tsp baking powder
For filling :
1. 1/2 cup mung dal ( soaked in water for 2-3 hr )
2. 2-3 green chilies
3. ½ “ of ginger piece
4. Salt to taste
5. 1 tsp onion seeds
6. Pinch of asafoetida
7. 1 tsp turmeric powder
8. 1 tsp red chili powder
9. 1 tsp dried mango powder
10. 1 tsp cumin seeds
11. 1-1 ½ tbsp olive oil/ canola oil
12. 2 tbsp gram flour
For frying :
1. 2 cup ghee / canola oil
For dough :
1. Take flour, sooji, salt & baking powder in big bowl. Add oil /ghee into it. Use required water and knead to make a firm dough. Keep aside for 15-30 min and cover with wet cloth.
For filling :
1. Grind soaked dal in processor with green chili, ginger & salt.
2. Now heat a frying pan with oil. Add asafoetida and cumin seeds. When they crackle, add mung dal’s mixture and keep stirring till they get cooked ( If mung dal mixture does not stick to the pan then it means mixture is cooked ).
3. Now add turmeric, red chili powder, gram flour, dried mango powder & onion seeds and saute for 6-8 min on medium heat. Turn off the stove and let the mixture cool.
For kachoris :
1. Divide the dough into small ball-sized portion and roll into balls between your palm till they are smooth and without cracks.
2. Roll a ball into 3”-4” circle and keep 1-2 tbsp of moong dal’s mixture in center. Gather the edges and seal. Now again roll it like 4”-5” of circle. Make all kachoris in the same way. Keep them aside for 15-20 min.
3. Now heat a deep pan with oil on smoking point. After that add 1-2 kachori to the heated oil and fry them till they turn to golden brown. Remove the kachoris from oil and drain on paper towel to remove the excess oil. Serve hot kachoris with tamarind / coriander chutney or potato curry.
Recipe and picture taken from recipesbyrashmiGoogle+