Delicacy of mughlai flavour with indian spices
This Biryani has alternate layers of rice and chicken and should be served with the layers intact and not mixing it.
• 6 cups Rice (basmati)
• 1 kg Chicken
• 3 tbsps. Vegetable Oil
• 3 tbsps. Clarified Butter
• 5 nos. Onion(red, thin sliced)
• 3 nos. Potato(peeled and cut)
• 30 gms. Ginger(paste)
• 30 gms. Garlic(paste)
• 5 nos. Green Chilies(paste)
• 10 gms. Coriander leaves(paste)
• 2 tsps. All spice powder
• 4 tbsps. Yoghurt
• 4 tbsps. Tomato(Puree/paste)
• 3 tbsps. Red Chili Powder
• 2 tsps. Turmeric Powder
• 1 pinch Saffron
• Salt to taste
• 3 tsps. Milk
• 2-3 drops color (orange recommended)
1. Marinate the chicken with garlic, ginger, coriander, green chillies, tomatoes paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, dry garam masala powder, salt and yoghurt and keep it aside for half an hour.
2. Cook rice seperately (do not cook fully. keep it semi-cooked), add salt, sprinkle it with color and keep aside.
3. Heat milk, put pinch of kesar and keep aside.
4. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in pan.Deep fry half the quantity of onions and all the potatoes till onion is golden brown.
5. Remove both from the pan and keep aside.
6. Fry the remaining onion in the same oil till slight golden brown and put the marinated chicken. cook for 10 minutes.
7. Take a separate utensil, put ghee and 1 tbsp of oil, half quantity of semi-cooked rice, all fried potatoes and half quantity of fried onions and milk of kesar.
8. Put the cooked chicken on top of it and then cover it with the remaining semi-cooked rice.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves and rest of the fried onions.
10. Tightly cover the utensil and cook for another 10 minutes.
11. Serve hot with salad,lemon and papad.