Chana- Chickpeas are really healthy, full of fiber, protein rich and taste so good in a masala curry. Chana Masala curry is easy to make and is a great dish to sere to your guests when they come over for dinner. Here’s how you can convert simple chickpeas into exotic curry.
Recipe Video in Hindi : Chana Masala Curry in Hindi
1 cup Chickpeas (Uncooked)
2 onion for onion paste, 1 onion for the masala
1 green chilli ( deseeded)
4-5 cloves of garlic and small piece of ginger
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp mango powder
1 tbsp crushed coriander seeds
1 cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
3-4 tbsp tomato paste
5-6 stalks of Cilantro
4-5 tbsp oil
1 black cardamom
1tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1. Soak chickpeas in water overnight or atleast an hour.
2. Discard the water and get your cooker ready.
3. Make onion paste with ginger, garlic and onions
4. Heat oil in the cooker
5. Fry cumin, coriander, cinnamon, bay leaf and black cardamom
6. Add green chill and onions. Mix in salt, turmeric and red chilli powder.
7. Mix in tomato puree ( by blending 2 tomatoes with 2 tbsp of water). Cook for 3-4 mins.
8.Add chick peas, amchur/ mango powder, tomato paste. Mix well.
9. Add water
10. Cover the lid and cook for 3-4 whistles ( if chick peas were presoaked), if unsoaked – longer
11. Once the cooker has cooled down, open the lid and garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve with Coconut Rice.