Need fiber rich but light lunch then turn to this Green Peas soup. Another great one pot soup recipe.
Love Soups? Don’t forget to check out our Tried and Tested Soup Recipes
1 cup of whole Green Peas ( I used dried variety so soak them in water overnight)
1 cup chopped Onions
1 tbsp grated ginger
2-3 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
Salt Per taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
4-5 cups of water
1/2 tsp pepper
Optional- Cilantro as a garnish
– Soak peas in water overnight ( unless using fresh or frozen kind)
– Heat some oil in a pressure cooker. Fry some cumin seeds. Add onions and ginger
– Stir for a min. Add peas. Add spices. Add water.
– Cover the lid and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
– When the cooker cools down, open the lid and blend the peas.
– Add pepper and cilantro. Serve Warm.