Here is an easy but super delicious, flavourful sweet potatoes stew with plenty of dry fruit to keep you warm and filled during cold winter days. If you love Sweet Potatoes then also check out:
– Vegan Sweet Potato Mash
– Sweet Potato Fries
– Sweet Potato Chips
– Sweet Potato Cutlets – Fritters
1 large sweet potato
1/2 cup dry fruit of your choice (I used combination of cashew, almonds, walnuts and pistachios)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 small onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cumin powder
– Dry roast nuts and set them aside.
– In hot oil, fry some onions and garlic with paprika and salt.
– Add sweet potatoes, cumin and cinnamon. Mix in 1/2 the quantity nuts and fry for 4-5 mins.
– Add water and bring to boil and then let simmer until sweet potatoes are tender.
– Garnish with rest of the dry fruit and enjoy on a cold rainy or chilly winter day.