I’ve been sharing my love for cooking Indian food and preparing flavourful Indian inspired and fusion dishes with my online community for several years now through our website, blog and online youtube channel Eat East Indian and ifood TV and it made sense to share this passion in person with Calgarians and our local neighbouring communities. So, here I am inviting you to come and join me in my kitchen to savour Indian food, its sight and fragrance in a two hour hands on cooking class and then enjoy this delicious three-four course meal.
To have a look at some of our menu options, visit: Indian Cooking Classes Calgary
About Me: My name is Aditi and this is my humble attempt to share my passion for cooking Indian food with you. I grew up eating Indian food and some of my favourite childhood memories include watching my mom create magical dishes with basic Indian spices, cooking with my dad on the weekends, visiting grandma, uncles and aunts during holidays and enjoying aromatic fresh and authentic Indian food. I’ve spent countless hours with my mom, cousins, friends and family poring over magazines and cookbooks and trying out new recipes, as well as creating and recreating Indian food classics.
I’ve also been very fortunate to travel with my family to different parts of India and experience cuisine from different regions of this lovely subcontinent. So whether you are craving Korma or Vindaloo, want some healthy Indian vegetables or just a simple curry, you’ll find it all here. My kitchen is all about mouthwatering appetizers, decadent desserts, delicious entrees, some traditional and some new age recipes. Basically this is your gateway to exciting flavors. Most dishes I prepare during my live cooking sessions and demonstrations are quick and easy, and all of them make use of natural wholesome food that is high in fibre, low in fat and free of additives and preservatives.
So, book your class today and let your senses indulge and take in every bit of this amazing culinary experience, right here in Calgary. I offer these classes in my home kitchen simply because of availability of all the ingredients, planning and tools required but if you are interested in an interactive session in learning how to cook fresh, elegant, simple and flavourful Indian food in your own kitchen, then please contact me and I will be happy to customize a class for you, based on your interests and diet at a location of your convenience. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn the secrets of one of the best South Asian cuisine.
Still, wondering if you should pop into our kitchen? Absolutely, you should because our interactive cooking sessions are not only fun but also a great way to learn about Indian food and to feel confident and empowered to recreate those authentic Indian flavours in your own kitchen. Join us in our kitchen and awaken your inner chef.
Some ideas to how to best utilize this Indian Cooking Class or Why should you book a cooking session with us:
– Ultimate date night idea : Not that their is lack of fun activities to do in Calgary, we strongly believe that couples that cook together, stay together. Do you both have interest in cooking? Well, why not sign up for our cooking class, spend some productive and quality time together and learn a few new tricks and tips about Indian cooking. Work together to prepare a meal and figure out if you can work together to create a memorable life.
– Fun Family Afternoon idea : Everyone in the family is an Indian food lover. Well, join us with the whole crew and make it a fun family weekend event.
– Girls’ Night Out idea: Bored with going out for movies, dinner and drinking and want something else. This cooking session very well could be your inner calling. Connect with your girlfriends over a bowl of curry and some fresh rotis. Did we mention that our Chai Tea is a great relaxer.
– Co-worker, Cousin’s or your Best friend’s Birthday Party: Have you always talked about visiting India with friends? Well, we can’t take you their but you can surely get its glimpse through our cooking. Treat yourself and your friends to this delicious session and then when they’ll prepare a tasty Indian meal again, you’ll surely be invited to get its taste. Win Win for everyone.
– Great Anniversary Present, Father’s Day, Mother’s Day or I appreciate you Day Idea: Running out of ideas on what to do or what to get that foodie in your life? Simply get them to our class and we’ll take care of the rest.
What all is included in a cooking session
- Two hours of quality, fun filled and easy instructions
- Relaxing learning environment
- Dozens of cooking tips and techniques that can be easily used in a home kitchen
- A mouth-watering, multi-course meal
- Inspiration to cook delicious, healthy food at home
- All the classes begin with an overview of the spices used in this aromatic and exotic cuisine. Ingredients that are necessary for a wholesome Indian meal are outlined and tips are given on sensible and effective shopping in the marketplace.
- All the ingredients and cooking equipment is included (unless session is being held at your place)
Here, are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions:
1. Who can take the class?
Any one with love for Indian food or enthusiastic about trying a new cuisine is welcome to attend our cooking session. We welcome people of all ages and skill levels. Whether you are planning a fun afternoon with your parents or children, night out with your best friend or looking for a fun interactive experience with your partner, this class is for everyone.
2. What is the cost of the class?
This amazing culinary experience will cost you only $60/person (including tax) as well as all the supplies. Want more, well after creating a wonderful meal, you get to enjoy it as well.
3. How do I pay for the class?
You can pay for the class via credit card, pay pal, electronic money transfer (EMT), cash or cheque.
4. How do I book the class?
You can book the class by emailing us your preferred date and time at email@example.com or call us at 403-519-2683. We require 20 % of the class fee as a deposit upfront and rest at the time of your cooking session.
4. When are your classes held and How many students are in each class?
We are not your typical culinary school. We want to make this cooking session an enjoyable experience for you so we tend to keep our class sizes small usually 2-4 people. Classes are generally held in the evenings or on the weekends.
5. What if I have certain allergies or dietary restrictions?
We work with variety of different menu options and are happy to do a strictly vegetarian, vegan, gluten free or dairy free class. Please let us know about your allergies at the time of booking.
6. What can I expect from this class?
Imagine you are invited to a lunch/dinner at your friend’s place and you get to cook together and create some wonderful dishes. No need to be intimidated by Indian cuisine or plethora of its spices. We make it all simple for you. You get to interact, ask questions, learn about Indian cuisine in a warm, friendly atmosphere while working on a pre-decided menu and then enjoy a wonderful meal. Our focus is always on using fresh, local and sustainable ingredients. As your host and cooking guide, I make this whole process fun and enjoyable for you.
7. Can I buy this class as a gift for someone?
Absolutely. We offer gift certificates in various denominations. You can pay for the entire class or buy it in denomination of your choice like $20, $30, $40 which the recipient of the gift can then use towards buying the class.