Learn how to make Super healthy, tasty, quick and easy salad – this summer salad is perfect to take to your Canada day or 4th of July Celebrations. Let’s enjoy summer with this clean and delicious salad.
1 Cup Baby Spinach Leaves
1 cup chopped watermelon
1/ cup blue berries
1/3 cup chopped cashews and walnuts
1-2 tbsp lemon juice
1-2 tbsp olive oil
Combine all the ingredients. Let the salad chill and enjoy 🙂
Dhokla is a quick, healthy tasty snack that you can make at home in 3 minutes. It is made out of chickpea flour and basically its a steamed savoury cake served with tasty chutneys.
1 cup chickpea flour
1.5 tsp Eno (Fruit Salt) or substitute with baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup yogurt
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp Lemon juice
3/4 cup water
2 tbsp oil
5-6 curry leaves
1 tbsp mustard seeds
1 crushed red chilli
Decorate with coconut and coriander/ Cilantro leaves
Method: Mix all ingredients to make batter and then steam it until done. Steamer on the stove top takes roughly 20 mins while in a microwave steamer you can make it in 3 mins. the one i used in the video is idli maker and prepares dhokla in about 3 mins.
Protein rich, Fiber rich, gluten free and vegan..these brownies are tasty and healthy. Instead of calling them brownies, it would be better to refer to them as Chocolate power bars.
Perfect for snacking and to enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.
1 Cup Black beans ( Cooked or uncooked..if uncooked, we pressure cook them after soaking them in water overnight or atleast an hour)
1/2 cup coconut shredded ( i used unsweetened but you can use sweetened version too)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup walnuts ( or nuts of your choice)
1/2 cup sugar
2 drops Almond extract
3 tbsp Chia seeds ( soaked in 1/3 cup water for 10 mins) – using this as an egg replacement.
– Pour cooked beans in the blender along with other ingredients. Form a mixture.
– Pour batter in a baking tray and bake at 350 F for 25- 30 mins.
– Let the cake cool down and set before cutting it into pieces.
Potato Croquettes a.k.a fried Potato rolls are delicious and great party appetizer or tea time snack. Try them this weekend and fall in love with this comfort food. Enjoy it with mint, mango or tamarind chutney.
4-5 boiled potatoes
1 cup of bread crumbs
Salt and Pepper to taste
Spices I used: Sage, Parsley, Paprika and Marjoram but you can use any spices that you have
Small chunks of Mozarella cheese for filling and Oil for deep frying
– Boil and Mash Potatoes
– Season them with spices
– Take small portion of Potato dough and fill with cheese. Roll in egg and then bread crumbs. Get all rolls ready and then deep fry until Golden brown.
Roasted chickpeas are not only healthy but they taste great as well. Easy to prepare, these chickpeas are perfect for munching on or as a homemade gift for your friends/family for the holidays.
1-2 cups boiled or canned chickpeas. I boil mine. I simply soak them in the water overnight and pressure cook them for 2-3 whistles.
Adjust the spices as per the quantity you are cooking. If you plan on storing these, roast the chickpeas first then add spices. If you plan on eating them right away or fairly soon, go with the way I am cooking them.
In a bowl- add 2 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp lemon juice. Stir- in chickpeas. Then add spices- 1 to 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1 to 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder.
Spread evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook in a preheated oven at 425 F for 30-40 mins or until desired crispiness is achieved. Also try our Honey Cinnamon Roasted chickpeas recipe.
2 sweet Potatoes – Boil and mash them.
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds (Methre) – These lend that unique flavour to the dish.
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 small chopped tomato
1/2 tsp seasoning pepper. Optional 1/2 tsp garam masala (or curry powder)
2-3 tbsp oil
Spices- Salt, Turmeric and Red chilli powder/ Paprika
– Get sweet potatoes ready (boil, peel and mash them)
– Heat oil in a pan and add cumin and fenugreek seeds. Let them sizzle and add onions and ginger. Add salt, turmeric and red chilli powder
– Fry for 2-3 mins and add sweet potatoes. Mix well. Add tomatoes. Cook for 2-3 mins. Season with pepper/ garam masala and serve warm.
Vegan food can be quite healthy and delicious. Here is my take on sloppy joes. It’s easy to prepare, quick and flavourful.
Give it a try today.
1 cup onions
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 cup Mushrooms
1 cup of Red pepper
2 cups stewing tomatoes
350 gms of Tofu
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp seasoning pepper
2-3 tbsp oil
Heat oil in the pan. Add onions and garlic. Add salt and red chilli powder. Mix well and fry for 2 mins.
Add mushrooms and red peppers. Add Tofu. Mix it well. Add Cumin and tomatoes. Let everything cook for 4-5 mins. Finish off with seasoning pepper.
Pour on a bun. Top up with pickled onions and avocados and enjoy.
Want to make onion soup at home from scratch ( yes, I am talking about not using any sort of onion soup base)..well then this vegan french onion soup recipe could be quite interesting.
1 large white onion
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
6 stalks of fresh Thyme
Salt per taste
2-3 tbsp oil for cooking
1/2 tsp pepper
Vegan Cheese for garnish
1 bay leaf
3-4 cups of veg broth ( can be substituted by water)
– Caramalize onions along with salt and thyme in a pot with little bit of oil. Takes about 30-35 mins (also depends on the quantity of onions you are using)
– Then add balsamic vinegar and cook further for 5-10 mins. Add broth, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to boil then simmer for 15-20 mins.
– Garnish with daiya cheese and serve.
Want to try some more tasty soups? Take a look at our soup recipes.
Learn how to make Rasam (South Indian spicy, flavourful, tamarind soup) with this recipe video. This soup can be served as an appetizer or as a main with some sort of rice dish. Every family has their own rasam recipe and here’s mine 🙂
-Small piece of tamarind to make tamarind juice- 1/2 cup of water to soak pulp in
– 2-3 tbsp oil
– 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
– 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
– 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
– 1 dried red chilli
– 10-12 dried curry leaves
– 2-3 cloves of garlic chopped
– 1/2 tsp turmeric
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp pepper
– 2 small tomatoes
– 3-4 cups of water
– cilantro leaves for garnish
– Begin by soaking small portion of tamarind pulp in water. After about 10-15 mins, remove the pulp and pass the juice through a sieve. Set the juice aside.
– Heat Oil in a pan and fry mustard+cumin seeds. Add asafoetida, curry leaves, dried red chilli (crushed or whole as per your preference), garlic cloves. Fry for 3-4 mins.
– Add tomatoes. Add turmeric. Let tomatoes become tender.
– Add tamarind juice. Mix well. Add water and bring to boil. then let simmer for 4-5 mins.
– Add salt, pepper and garnish with cilantro leaves before serving. Serve warm.