Amazing homemade, delicious, easy Dark chocolate snowball cookies will simply melt in your mouth. Perfect to watch holiday movies and treat yourself with these treats. Better yet, surprise your sweetheart with these cookies this Valentine’s day. Don’t forget to check out some more Valentine’s day recipe ideas here. Simple Cookies and Desserts
1 cup salted butter- softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
for Dusting: Some powdered sugar
Method: Combine butter, sugar and cocoa and fluff them up with an electric blender. Add in flour and gently fold to form a smooth dough. Chill the dough. When you are ready to cook the cookies, preheat oven to 375 F. Form golf size balls with the dough and bake for 12-15 mins until the dough is set. Let the cookies cool down completely and then roll them in powdered sugar. Serve with a smile 🙂
Wishing all you awesome moms out there a very happy Mother’s day 2014. Here’s is a wonderful recipe idea for edible gift that you can make for mom which she can enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee. Indian style Jeera cookies- cumin flavoured cookies. I used whole wheat flour but you can use all purpose flour too. I remember growing up we use to have one set of sweet and one set of salty cookies and often salty cookies part was done by these cumin cookies which we kids use to call Namkeen biscuit.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup milk + 2 tbsp
1 tbsp ghee/ butter
Mix baking powder, cumin seeds, salt, sugar and oil with the flour and make a crumbly dough. Add Milk gradually to form smooth dough and then smother it with ghee and let stand for 10-15 mins. Preheat oven to 350 F and bake cookies for 20-25 mins until golden brown. These cookies are perfect to enjoy with a cup of chai tea. once they have cool down, pack them in a box and send them to mom as a lovely Mother’s day gift.
Wishing all you wonderful moms out there a very happy Mother’s day 2014.
So, you have decided to bake some cookies this Valentine’s day. I say it’s a wonderful idea and here are few of my favourite recipes to get you started. These cookies are simple to prepare, super tasty and you can impress your Valentine with these or simply pamper yourself and enjoy them because you deserve it.
Could Valentine’s Day Baking get simple than this? He loves Cookies and you love chocolates 🙂 (Well, who doesn’t ?) These cookies will make both of you happy.
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
3 tbsp cocoa
– Mix all the ingredients together and chill the dough for 15 mins in fridge. Roll it in the log for chilling. Makes it so much easier to cut the cookies and then simply bake them at 300 F for 30 mins. Voila..delicious cookies are ready. Serve them in the morning with a glass of milk to your valentine to sweeten their day or with coffee late at night as a dessert.
2. Cream Cheese Cookies
These cookies are perfect for bake share, holiday gift giving or sharing with friends during festivities. You can prepare the dough in advance and bake the cookies fresh. This Dough can freeze well as well can last in the fridge for upto 3 weeks.
You can decorate these cookies as you like, cut them in festive shapes or make jam thumbprint cookies out of them.
1/2 cup unsalted melted butter
1/3 cup cream cheese (Room temp)
1 Large Egg ( Room Temp)
1.5 cup sugar
1.5 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
Mix together butter and cream cheese and beat until fluffy. Add in baking powder, sugar, eggs and vanilla and mix well. Once they are combined, add all purpose flour. Chill the dough for 30 mins. Roll out into small golf size balls and press down with measuring cup to have round cookies.
Preheat oven to 375 F and bake for 8-10 mins. Let stand for 2 mins on wire rack before serving.
Perfect for the little hands, why not make these for the newest love of your life. Not only great for sharing, these are kids favourite, nice treat for lunch boxes or after busy day at the park. This cookie dough can be refrigerated for upto 3 weeks easily or freeze it for upto 3 months.
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter, Melted
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and set aside.
2. In medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda together. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, mix 2 sugars and butter and mix together. Add in the egg and vanilla and beat together. Stir- in chocolate chips
4. Slowly mix in the flour, until combined. Your Cookie Dough is ready.
5. Roll dough into tiny balls and place on baking sheet and slightly flatten with the palm of your hand or back of the measuring cup. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown and set. Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.
Great for sharing- although I won’t blame you if you end up eating all of these yourself. I use a simple cream cheese cookie dough to make these cookies but you can use other cookie dough recipes as well.
1/2 Cup melted unsalted butter
1/3 cup cream cheese
1/2 tsp baking powder
1.5 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1.5 cup all purpose flour
1 large egg
2-3 tbsp your favourite Jam
Method: Mix butter and cream cheese. Add baking Powder, egg, sugar and vanilla. Whisk together and then add flour. Combine to make the dough. Once the dough is ready, chill it for 30 mins. Roll out some dough balls. Press them with back of measuring cup to have round cookies. Make identation in the middle with your thumb. Add a bit of jam in the centre and bake at 375 F for 8-10 mins.
Cool and then pack in the boxes to give out as gifts or enjoy them with a cup of Chai Tea.
I know their are plenty of chocolate chip cookies out there and sometimes it can seem like a daunting task to choose the right recipe. Trust me, I’ve tried a dozen and several of them were good. However, these are best ever chocolate chip cookies. Now my palate might differ from yours but I will let you decide that for yourself after you give these cookies a shot.
These cookies require: Flour, sugar, butter, oats, chocolate chips, baking pwd, baking soda, egg and vanilla essence
Most of us associate Valentine’s Day with flowers and chocolates. If you are lucky then perhaps a romantic dinner at an expensive restaurant. However, nothing impresses your loved one more than going above and beyond and preparing something decadent in your own kitchen. Ok, let’s forget that part about going above and beyond, how about making a dessert that is simple yet awesome enough that , that special someone is left with no choice but to say ‘I Love you.’ 🙂 Let’s not get crazy here, I am sharing with 14 simple Indian desserts that you can make and share with your loved ones this Valentine’s Day.
I love to prepare this delicious Indian sweet called Kalakand or Indian Milk cake for my brother as it is his favourite. Instead of Saffron, you can use artificial red food coloring to give it a nice red touch for Valentine’s Day.
1/2 tsp Saffron (to be dissolved in 2 tbsp milk)
2 tbsp chopped dry fruit of your choice like Almonds, Pistachios, Cashews etc
1 Lt. Full cream Milk (homo Milk- 3.25 %)
2 tbsp Vinegar
150 Ml Condensed Milk (about 1/2 cup)
2 tbsp butter or ghee
1 tsp Elaichi/Cardamom Powder
1. Dissolve Saffron in 2 tbsp milk
2. Grind or make coarse powder out of Cardamom seeds. You can skip this step by using Elaichi Powder. I prefer to make mine fresh as Elaichi powder can loose its aroma quickly.
3. Make Paneer (Indian style Cottage Cheese/Ricotta). For this pour 1 Lt. milk in heavy bottom pot/pan and bring it to boil. As it starts boiling, add 2 tbsp vinegar so that it can start curdling up. Separate paneer from whey. Whey is nutritious. Keep it for making soups, curries, to use as vegetable stock, to knead dough for paratha or roti.
4. Transfer paneer in a pan. Add butter/ghee and cook for 7-8 mins. Then add condensed milk and cardamom powder. Cook further for 15 mins until everything comes together and milk is almost dries up.
5. Transfer onto a plate/pan, let it cool down and put in thr fridge so that it can set. For quick cooling, put it in the freezer section. after about 2-3 hours, cut in desired shapes and serve.
This dessert/Indian milk cake is so tasty. It’s gooey, soft, melt in your taste quality.
Gulabjamun’s are round brown Indian style doughnuts. No one who ever had Gulabjamun’s ever said he didn’t like them. Here is a simple Gulabjamun recipe for you to try this Valentine’s Day
2 cups Sugar
2 cups water
(Above 2 ingredients to make sugar syrup)
Syrup can be flavored with green cardamom or rose water.
Oil for deep frying
200 ml whipped cream
1 cup all purpose flour ( maida)
1.5 cup dry milk powder
1 tsp baking powder
1. Add sugar and water in a pot. Bring to a boil to make syrup. Set Aside.
2. Mix all purpose flour, whipping cream, baking powder and dry milk powder to make smooth dough.
3. Form golf size balls out of the dough and then deep fry them until golden brown.
(Remember, keep the size slightly small because they are going to swell as they cook.)
4. Dip them in the sugar syrup and let stand for 7-8 mins.
(You can make these in advance for your next party too.)
5. Serve warm.
A very simple coconut burfi recipe made from only a few ingredients: condensed milk, coconut, and cardamom powder. This is a really yummy and quick dessert to satisfy your sweet cravings after a good Indian meal. One of my favorite Indian Mithai.
Heat a pan and add tbsp of butter. Let it melt.
Add 14 oz can of condensed milk and 14 oz pack of sweet coconut flakes. Combine the ingredients in the pan. add cardamom powder and let everything cook for 5-6 mins.
Add dry fruit and then transfer on to a pan greased with butter/ghee. Spread evenly and cut in equal portions. Place in the fridge and let it set for about 2 hours.
Serve when completely set to your friends and family.
So you have made carrot halwa and coconut burfi several times before and all in the family simple love it. Well, how about impressing them with these melt in your mouth Coconut Carrot Ladoos.
Perfect for entertaining during the festival or holiday season. These melt in your mouth Indian sweets can stay good in the fridge for upto 2 weeks. They can be enjoyed warm, cold or room temp so get in the kitchen and try this recipe for this Diwali.
Wishing all our friends and viewers a very happy and prosperous Diwali.
3 cups of carrots
300 ml of condensed milk
2/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
2 tbsp of ghee/butter
1. In a pan, add ghee or butter. Once hot add shredded carrots.
2. Thoroughly coat them with butter and roast for 7-8 mins (or until the raw flavor of carrots is out, they’lll start emitting nice aroma).
3. Add cardamom powder and coconut flakes. Roast for another 5 mins. We used dry unsweetened shredded coconut. Fresh coconut can also be used but it will just take longer to cook.
4. Add condensed milk. Bring to boil and then simmer until mixture starts thickening up and leaving sides of the pan. Turn off the heat. Let mixture cool down and transfer to a plate. Place it in the fridge for 4 hrs.
5. Roll out ladoos and serve at room temp.
This delicious Indian Dessert or popular Indian sweet called Khoya Burfi or Mawa Burfi (Mawa Bites) can be shaped into hearts and served for Valentine’s day. You can also serve it at your next party or make it during the festival season. All you need for this Indian recipe is Khoya, condensed milk, ghee, sugar, saffron, elaichi powder( cardamom powder) and some dry fruit. This can easily last in the fridge for upto 2 weeks. Try this decadent Indian dessert today.
Let’s be brutally honest and say you suck at making desserts. Am I being too blunt? Well, I am only trying to help here. Try this quick Indian style bread pudding which is a no-brainer. For this recipe, you will only need: Bread slices, butter, milk, sugar, saffron and green cardamom.
You don’t need hot summer days to enjoy this flavourful Indian icecream. If your loved ones love icecream then treat them to this wonderful Kulfi. You don’t even need icecream maker for this beauty.
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
1 Can of Evaporated Milk
1 Can of Condensed Milk
1 Slice of Bread
8-10 Saffron Strands
1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
2 tbsp blanched and sliced Almonds
1- 2 tbsp slivered almonds for garnish
1. Remove the crust from the bread and crumble it up. Put it in a bowl and add can of evaporated milk.
2. Let the bread soften up. Add Saffron strands and almonds.
3. Add Condensed milk can and cardamom powder.
4. Blend everything together and pour it in popsicle moulds, plastic cups or a container.
5. Let freeze overnight or atleast 4-6 hrs. Once frozen, take out from the freezer, remove from the mould and serve the way you desire.
Even if you are not a baker, these cookies are really simple to prepare. You can wake up your special someone with a cup of Chai tea and handful of these cookies and they will look forward to come back home and join you for dinner. You can even prepare these for your kids for their school lunch box.
Want to do something fancy for your special someone this year. You got to try these cream cheese truffles. These might look fancy but they are super easy to make. One bite of these and trust me your loved ones will fall in love with you all over again.
This is a no fuss, no bake, easy dessert, perfect to make for your next holiday party or to give as a gift to teachers, neighbors or hard to please friends. It is rich, decadent and a definite crowd pleaser. You can make assorted varieties of these truffles by using different coatings. This showstopper dessert is a must try this Valentine’s day.
8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
5 oz Semi-sweet chocolate
3-4 cups Confectioner’s sugar
1. Melt Chocolate in a bowl in microwave or over saucepan.
2. Beat cream cheese and add in sugar and mix together. Add melted chocolate and beat together.
3. Let chill for 45 mins to an hour. When firm, take small round golf size ball quantity and coat in coconut flakes, peanuts, cocoa etc.
4. Place in small muffin/baking cups for serving.
This make ahead easy dessert can last in the fridge easily for upto 2 weeks.
Learn how to prepare mini pecan pies flavoured with Maple by watching this recipe video and take them to your next family gathering or make them for yourself , indulge and feel loved. My Indo-Canadian family absolutely loves these mini pecan pies (Maple Pecan Tarts). It is one of the best desserts out there. It’s simple, quick and easy – just perfect little bite after your Valentine’s day dinner.
12 mini Pie Shells/ Tart shells
(To save time, I used store bought but you are welcome to prepare your own)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup brown sugar (If your tart shells are sweet, you can decrease the quantity of sugar)
3 tbsp Maple Syrup
1/2 cup melted butter
2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Method: Preheat oven to 400 F and line the muffin pan with pie shells (along with the tin). Pour chopped pecans evenly among the pie shells. Prepare the filling by whisking together all the other ingredients and cook for 15-18 mins. The edges will turn golden brown and filling will turn dark brown. Take out from the oven and let it cool before serving.
This is comparatively a healthy dessert option and light as well. If you thought Zucchini was good only for salty dishes or Zucchini Bread then think again.
2 cups grated Zucchini
1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
1/2 cup sugar (adjust per taste)
1/2 cup homo milk (full cream)
(Can be susbtituted with Evaporated milk. To make the dessert more rich, use condensed milk and you can skip adding milk and sugar)
Few strands of Saffron
2 tbsp Butter (Or Desi Ghee)
1/3 cup Dry fruit of your choice for garnish (Raisins, Almonds, Cashews etc)
1. Heat Butter in a pan (or wok)
2. Add Zucchini and cook for 10 mins (until raw smell is gone, Zucchini becomes tender and looses moisture)
3. Add Milk, Saffron and Sugar and cook until milk dries up or is soaked in by Zucchini.
4. Mix in Cardamom Powder and dry fruit of your choice and Serve.
Best Served Warm.
Have you been invited to a holiday party? Well, here is an amazing Christmas cookies recipe which you can try and then take these yummy cookies for the host/hostess. They are easy to make and perfect for sharing.
1.5 cup All purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1/2 cup chopped almonds and cashews
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F and line the baking sheet with parchment or foil.
2. Mix the first four dry ingredients together. Mix egg, oil and vanilla essence.
3. Mix the dough and add dry fruit. You can let the dough set or simply put it on the baking tray.
4. Bake for 15-18 mins. Edges will turn brown. Let the cookies cool on a wire rack.
Now prepare a cup of Chai Tea Latte and enjoy with these fresh homemade cookies or wrap them in a gift wrap and present them to your friends!