Paneer Butter Masala is often considered decadent, rich, creamy dish. Here we’ve created a healthier version without use of any butter or cream but no compromise on the taste.
If you are a big fan of Paneer like, I am then do check out our other Paneer Recipes as well.
4 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
400 gms Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese)
1 chopped onion
2 tsp minced garlic
2-4 tbsp greek yogurt
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 bay leaf
salt to taste
1 tsp red chilli powder
3-4 green cardamom pods
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
Garnish: Cilantro leaves
1. Saute paneer pieces in coconut oil and set aside once golden brown.
2. In same pan with a little bit more oil, add bay leaf.
3. Add in chopped onions and cashews. Next, add cumin, coriander, cardamom seeds, salt and chilli powder.
4. Mix well. Add minced garlic. Cook onions are golden brown and no longer raw.
5. Add in tomatoes. Once tomatoes are tender, blend all ingredients with a little bit of water. Remove the bay leaf though.
6. Pour curry in the pan. Add yogurt. Mix gently and add curry powder. Add paneer pieces. Let it all simmer for few mins.
7. Add garam masala. Finish off by adding kasoori methi ( dried fenugreek leaves) and cilantro leaves.
Serve with rice or roti.