Want to prepare a savory bowl of Steel Cuts? Do you think Oats are boring? Well, think again.. We are going to show you how to prepare delicious and healthy bowl of Steel Cuts which is not only nutritious but really easy to make.
2 cups of steel cuts
Salt per taste
2-3 cup veggies of your choice.
(We like using carrots, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower etc)
1 small onion
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp red chilli pwd
2 cups boiled/cooked chickpeas and kale chane
2 tbsp oil
1. Take 2 cups of steel cuts and add them in 4 cups of boiling water.
2. While Oats are cooking, fry onion and garlic in 2 tbsp oil.
3. Once onions change color, add spices- cumin, garam masala, salt and red chilli pwd.
4. Add vegetables and let them become tender.
5. Add boiled chickpeas/garbanzo beans and kale chane (Black chickpeas). Mix well.
and let cook for 2-3 mins.
6. Pour the veggies over cooked oats and mix well and serve.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/prXby7APpMY” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>