Humble eggplant/ Aubergine/ Brinjal when treated right can turn into a very flavorful dish. Here is a simple recipe to transform this simple vegetable into an exotic dish.
1 large eggplant
3/4 cup green peas
1 onion and tomato
2 green chillies
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp garam masala
Cilantro leaves for garnish
1. Wash and chop eggplant, onion and tomato.
2. In a wok, heat 2 tbsp oil and add mustard, fenugreek and cumin seeds. Fry for 45 secs.
3. Add onions, green chillies and ginger-garlic paste. Mix together and add salt and turmeric. Fry until onions turn golden brown.
4. Add Green peas, eggplant and 3-4 tbsp water. Mix well together and let eggplant cook.
5. Add tomatoes and cook for 2-3 more mins.
6. Add garam masala and garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve with Roti or Naan.
Recipe Video: How to make Aubergine Curry
If you like eggplant then you might also want to try some of our other eggplant recipes like:
2. Dahi Baingan (Fried eggplant in yogurt curry)
3. Bagara Baingan – Mild Tangy eggplant curry
5. Baingan Bhartha (Roasted/Smoked eggplant cooked in Indian spices)