Learn how to prepare this flavorful onion and tomato based creamy curry which is a perfect sauce for making shahi paneer, malai kofta, chicken curry, veg korma etc. This delicious sauce is rich and delicious, great to be enjoyed with naan or over rice.
2 small chopped onions
4 cloves of garlic
2 inch piece of ginger
Salt per taste
250 ml cream
2 tbsp desi ghee
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
2 green cardamom
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp kasoori methi
1.5 cup of water
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp red chilli pwd
Green chilli (optional if you want to make the sauce spicier)
Cilantro can be used for garnishing
1. Melt 2 tbsp of ghee and add cumin , coriander and green cardamom seeds. Fry for 2 mins.
2. Add onions, ginger and garlic and add salt, red chilli pwd and turmeric.
3. Fry for 5 mins and add tomatoes. Cover and cook for 5 more mins.
4. Turn off the heat and let cool down.
5. Transfer mixture into blender. Add water and puree to make smooth gravy.
6. Transfer back to pan and gradually add more water and let simmer for 2-3 mins.
7. Add cream, garam masala and kasoori methi.
8. Now, in the sauce you can add cooked chicken, paneer, koftas or vegetables of your choice and serve.