Want to learn how to make healthy Butter Garlic Naan at home? Well,this is a No Egg- No Yeast recipe and I say it’s healthy because 1. You can control the amount of Butter you want to use (I used minimal) 2. Instead of using only all purpose flour (Maida)- we’ve used Whole Wheat flour as well.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup yogurt
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Garlic Salt
4 cloves of Garlic – minced
(We will use 2 cloves in the dough and use 2 cloves as a topping)
2-3 stalks of Cilantro leaves for garnish
4 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
2/3 cup water
1. Mix all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, Baking powder and garlic salt.
2. Add minced garlic in yogurt. Mix well. Add this and 2 tbsp butter in the dough.
3. Mix to form a crumbly dough.
4. Gradually add water to form smooth dough. Pat with some oil and cover with a wet kitchen cloth. Let stand for 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven and baking sheet to 550 F.
6. Roll out dough in the form of a naan. Use dry flour as needed.
7. Put Uncooked Naan on preheated baking sheet. Grease the baking sheet a little.
8. Bake at 550 F for no more than 5 mins. After 3-4 mins. Flip over the side so that both sides have nice brown marks.
Naan is now ready. Serve with your favourite Curry.