Oil 2 Tablespoon
Chopped onions 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Cumin seeds 1 Teaspoon
Mustard seeds 1 Teaspoon
Salt To Taste (2 Tsp used)
Chopped ginger 1 Tablespoon
Chopped garlic 1 Tablespoon
Green chilies 2 Medium, chopped (1 – 2 green chilies used) (Optional)
Turmeric powder 1 Teaspoon
Red chili powder 1 Teaspoon (Adjust as per your preference for spice)
Potato 1 Medium, cut into small cubes
Peas 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Frozen or fresh may be used)
Tomato paste 2 Tablespoon
Milk/Coconut milk / cream 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Water 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Boiled eggs 4 Medium, each cut into 4 pieces
Garam masala 1⁄2 Teaspoon
Cilantro sprigs 4 Medium (3 – 4 sprigs used for garnishing)
1. Heat a pan with oil. When the oil is hot, add onions, cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Fry for a few minutes.
2. Add salt and continue to fry until the onions start turning slightly golden brown.
3. Then, add the ginger, garlic and green chilies (if using) and continue to fry until onions are browned.
4. Stir in the spices such as turmeric and red chili powder.
5. Add potatoes and peas, stir to mix everything well and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
6. After 5 minutes, add tomato paste, milk and water. Stir the gravy well and let simmer for about 5 – 6 minutes.
7. Once the gravy starts boiling, lower the heat and add the boiled egg pieces, sprinkle some garam masala, stir and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro leaves.
8. Serve with rice or flatbread like chapati, parantha or naan.