Paneer Lababdaar is a mouth watering creamy tomato curry which goes well with Roti, Naan or rice. It can be served as a main course for lunch or dinner. Great dish to prepare if you want to serve something special to guests.
400 gms Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese)
1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
2-3 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 small cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
1 large or 2 small chopped onions
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp salt
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp red chilli pwd
4 med size tomatoes
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (Kasoori methi)
1/2 tsp black pepper pwd
1 cup water
1/2 cup cream/ evaporated milk/ half and half etc
1 tsp garam masala
3-4 sprigs of cilantro leaves for garnish
1. Soak cashews in water for 15-20 mins and dry roast sesame seeds. Then combine two in the blender along with 2-3 tbsp water to have a smooth paste. Set this paste aside.
2. In a wok/pan, add 2 tbsp oil. Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, bay leaf. fry for 30 secs and add onions, ginger-garlic paste, salt, red chilli pwd and turmeric. Fry for 2-3 mins until onions are no longer raw and start becoming translucent.
3. Add tomato puree and cashew-sesame paste. stir well and let cook until tomatoes are reduced in volume to almost half.
4. Add black pepper pwd, Kasoori methi and mix well. Add paneer and let it combine with all the flavors. Add 1 cup water. Simmer gently for 2-3 mins.
5. Add cream. Add garam masala. Mix well. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.