Yet another easy, delicious, healthy vegan side dish or enjoy it as a main with Roti, Parantha or your favourite bread. Combining two common vegetables Zucchini and Potatoes to create this flavourful Indian dish.
2 farm fresh zucchini’s
2 tbsp vegetable oil of your choice
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 dried red chilli
1 small or 1/2 med onion
3-4 cloves of garlic
2 large potatoes
2 small tomatoes ( or 1 large)
1/2 tsp garam masala
Cilantro leaves to garnish
1. Begin by peeling the skin of the zucchini’s ( unless you like it on, keep it on by all means) and chop it in small pieces. Do the other prep work like chop the onions, potatoes and tomatoes.
2. In a pan, heat 2 tbsp oil. Once it is hot, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Let them splutter for a min and crushed red chilli. Mix well. Add onions and garlic.
3. Add salt and Turmeric and fry for 3-4 mins.
4. Add potatoes. Cover and cook for 3-4 mins.
5. Add tomatoes and let them become tender. Cover and Give it about 2-3 mins.
6. Add zucchini. No need to add water. If you must, add 2 tbsp. Keep stirring to ensure even cooking and to not let anything stick to the bottom of the pan.
7. Once potatoes and zucchini are cooked ( soft), finish off by adding garam masala and cilantro leaves.
Serve with Roti, Parantha or your favourite bread.