Learn how to prepare quick and easy Kadhai Shrimp with Scallops in a tasty tomato based masala sauce along with Onions and Green Bell Peppers. This dish is really flavorful and is best enjoyed with rice or naan.
250 gms Shrimp-Scallop combo (I used bay scallops)
2 tbsp Oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 dried red chilli
1 chopped onion
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
Salt per taste (1/2 tsp recommended)
1 cup bell peppers (Green, red or yellow)
1/2 tsp Curry powder
2 tomatoes pureed
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
Cilantro/Coriander leaves for garnish
1. Heat Oil in the wok and fry cumin/mustard seeds for 45 secs. Also, add 1 dried red chilli.
2. Add onions and stir well. Add ginger and garlic paste.
3. Add salt and fry for 2-3 mins. Add Bell Peppers. Stir- fry for 2 more mins.
4. Add curry powder and tomato puree. Cook until tomatoes are no longer raw. (4-5 mins)
5. Add Shrimp and scallops and fry for 3-4 mins.
6. Season with some black pepper and garnish with cilantro leaves and serve.
Video recipe here: Kadhai Shrimp and Scallop fry