Kadai Masala is a flavourful Indian spice blend that can make ordinary curry dishes extraordinary. Basically we roast whole spices and then grind them to make this masala powder.
(masala would be enough to prepare 1-2 curry dishes)
12-15 Black peppercorn
5-6 green cardamom pods
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1.5 tbsp coriander seeds
You can also grind bay leaf and cinnamon stick or use them as such in your dish.
Dry roast all your whole spices and then grind them to make a powder (masala) and you it in your dishes ( towards the end of the preparation method)
Learn how to prepare simple Veg biryani at home. This tasty and easy rice dish is best enjoyed with plain yogurt, raita, pickles or chutney. Complete meal in itself, this biryani recipe is not only delicious but quick and super easy to make.
1.5 cup rice
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp butter
1 bay leaf
1 cinnamon stick
2 green cardamom
1 black cardamom
1 small onion
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp turmeric
Salt per taste (may we recommend 1.5 tsp)
1 green chilli
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
Vegetables of your choice (2 cups)
2-3 stalks of cilantro leaves for garnish
1/2 cup well beaten plain yogurt
1. Soak rice in cold water for atleast 10 mins.
2. In a pot, heat 2 tbsp of oil and fry whole spices (Bay leaf, cardamoms, cinnamon stick, peppercorn and cloves) for atleasta minute.
3. Add double the quantity of water in the pot and bring it to boil. Once it starts boiling, add rice and cook until water evaporates and rice are done. (about 10 mins or so)
4. Set rice aside. While the rice is cooking, in a pan heat 2 tbsp butter and fry 1/4 tsp cumin seeds. After 30 secs, add onions, green chilli, turmeric, paprika, salt and ginger garlic paste. Saute for 2-3 mins.
5. Add vegetables of your choice and further fry for 4-5 mins. Add plain yogurt. Mix well and cook along with vegetables until they are done.
6. Layer rice and vegetables one after the other in a deep dish or casserole. Garnish with cilantro leaves and gently mix.
Serve hot with plain yogurt or raita, pickles or chutney.
Learn how to make Masala Egg toast in your kitchen within 5 minutes. It can be prepared with few simple ingredients present in your kitchen. If you are pressed for time and want to have a quick snack or a quick meal, then give this Masala Egg Toast a try. Way better than grabbing a bag of chips or grabbing junk food from a drive-thru. It is easy, healthy and can be ready in no time.
2 slices of bread
Any leftover veggies – I used onions, green peppers and red peppers (around 2 -3 tbsp- finely chopped)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Garam Masala
1/4 tsp turmeric
Little bit of red chilli flakes
(adjust spices per your taste)
Oil for cooking
1. Crack eggs in a bowl and whisk them for couple seconds.
2. Add in spices and vegetables.
3. Dip in slice of bread.
4. Heat 1-2 tbsp oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, put the slice on the pan. Add some veggies on top.
5. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
6. Serve with good ol’ tomato ketchup or chutney of your choice.
This Cheesy Egg Toast Bites Recipe is not only easy to make, it tastes delicious and definitely worth trying on special occasions like Valentines Day.
1 slice of cheese
Salt/turmeric/ Red chilli powder per taste
1 slice of toast
Optional- Onions/ green Chilli/Cilantro
Butter for cooking
Beat eggs with spices, onions and cilantro.
Melt butter on a skillet.
Add eggs. Spread them. In the center place, slice of cheese and then toast. Add a little bit more butter on top.
Fold in the edges. Flip the toast to ensure both sides are cooked.
Place it on the plate and cut into small squares to serve.
Bitter Gourd is not a very popular vegetable since its bitter in taste. However, its good for our system as it’s a blood purifier and also helps control blood sugar levels. Highly recommended food for Diabetic people or when you are recovering from illness.
Here’s a simple way to prepare it:
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 large onion
Salt per taste
1/2 tsp turmeric
3-4 Bitter Gourd
Optional- 1/2 tsp garam masala
Peel the skin ( you can choose to leave it on as well) and chop Bitter Gourd into bite size pieces. Set aside. In hot oil, add cumin seeds and add onions along with salt and turmeric. Once tender, add bitter gourd and cover with a lid. Let it cook until bitter gourd is soft and golden brown (7-10 mins) Serve with whole wheat roti or parantha
Hi guys, in this recipe video I share with you simple Saag Chicken Recipe. It’s easy to prepare, is quite healthy and tasty.
– Bunch of spinach Leaves (Washed and chopped)
– You can also incorporate other green leafy veggies in your dish like Rapini, Chard etc. I used some frozen Kale leaves as well.
-500 gms of chicken breast
– 2-4 tbsp oil for cooking (Vegetable oil of your choice or Canola)
– 1 tsp cumin seeds
-1/2 tsp mustard seeds
-1 large chopped onion
-3-4 cloves of garlic chopped
– small piece of ginger
-1 tsp salt ( or adjust per taste)
-1/2 tsp turmeric
-2 chopped tomatoes
-1/2 tsp chilli pwd
-2 tbsp chickpea flour ( i mix it in little bit of water and add it in my dish to thicken it up)
1/2 tsp garam masala
1. Begin by cleaning, eashing and chopping spinach leaves and chop chicken into bite size pieces.
2. Heat a pan and add oil. Once it’s hot, add cumin and mustard seeds and let them sizzle for 30 secs. Then add onions, ginger and garlic.
3. Add salt and turmeric and mix well. Let onions get soft. Once they are no longer raw, add chicken and cook for 2-3 mins until sealed or turns white.
4. Add tomatoes and red chilli powder. Cook further for 4-5 mins. Add spinach, mix well and once done another 4-5 mins, add chickpea flour (mixed in water) and let the dish thicken up. Chickpea flour soaks up the extra water left by spinach leaves.
5. Once cooked, sprinkle garam masala on top and serve with your fav. flatbread.
Quick, easy and delicious Stir- fried Quinoa for lunch with vegetables. This recipe is perfect for any day lunch meal.
Ingredients/ Method for the Recipe
1 cup cooked Quinoa
Vegetables of your choice – we used onions, carrots, celery, mushrooms and peppers
oil for cooking
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
Salt per taste
1 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 small chopped tomato
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp paprika
Cook quinoa (just like rice and set aside)
In a wok, add oil. Let oil become hot and Fry cumin seeds for 30 secs.
Add ginger-garlic paste, onions and carrots. Mix well. Give a minute or two and add salt and paprika/red chilli powder. Mix well. Add other veggies. Add tomatoes. Mix well.
Add curry powder. Add Quinoa and then for some crunch Red peppers.
Add lemon juice. Mix well and serve.
Happy Holi to all our friends and viewers. Here is an easy, delicious, quick Holi special recipe for Malpuas . Homemade Indian Pancakes a.k.a Malpuas are perfect for any celebration.
1/2 cup Milk powder
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 tbsp Sooji/Rava/ Semolina ( Cream of wheat)
1 cup Milk
Desi ghee for cooking
Cardamom powder and fennel seeds for flavouring
1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water
Remember Syrup thickens upon standing.
Cardamom for flavour.
Dry fruits for garnish
Mix flours and make batter by adding milk. Add cardamom powder and fennel seeds and fry on a pan until both sides are brown. Prepare syrup and dip malpuas in the syrup. Garnish with dry fruit and serve.
Chicken Afghani is a royal dish, easy to prepare, full of flavour and perfect for special occasions.
3/4 cup Cream ( I used Coconut Cream for extra bold flavour)
1/2 cup Cashew Paste ( use 12-15 cashews to grind with water and make paste out of them)
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
7-8 cardamom pods to make Cardamom powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Chicken drumsticks – 1 kg
Oil for cooking
Garnish with dry fruit
Make a marinade with cream, cashew paste, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, salt, pepper and cardamom powder. Rub onto chicken and leave for an hour.
When ready to cook.. heat oil and add chicken pieces. Seal the chicken and cook ( or bake at 400 F for 45 mins) for 12- 15 mins until chicken is done. Serve over rice or with naan.