Long day at work? Here is a quick and easy weeknight meal idea- Pan-fried chicken dinner with 2 minute onions, red pepper and mushroom sauce. Prepare it and then put your feet up, turn on the TV and enjoy your favourite show while eating this yummy dinner.
350 gms boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2-3 tbsp oil for cooking
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1/2 cup onions
1/2 cup red pepper
1 cup mushrooms
1/2 cup evaporated milk
(Rest of the seasoning left after coating chicken)
1/4 tsp salt
1. Mix flour, garlic salt, curry powder and black pepper together.
2. Coat chicken with this mixture.
3. Heat oil in the pan and fry chicken on one side for 2-3 mins. Once done flip the side and cook the other side.
4. While chicken is cooking, take some of the left over oil and juices from the pan and put in another skillet.
5. Add onions and red pepper and stir-fry for a min. Add salt and mushrooms and fry for 2-3 mins. Once brown, add milk and left over seasoning mixture and bring to a boil.
6. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.