Aloo matar is a very common Indian dish which can be prepared with or without gravy. Here is a little twist to our usual dry sabji.
Other Simple Indian vegetarian recipes worth trying:
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 small piece of onion chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic chopped
2-3 chopped potatoes
1 tsp turmeric
Salt per taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 cup of peas
1/3 cup water to cook
200 gms of grated paneer ( Indian cottage cheese)
1/2 tsp Dry Mango Powder
1/2 tsp kasoori Methi ( dried fenugreek leaves)
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1. Heat Oil in a pan and fry some cumin seeds, onions for a min.
2. Add 2-3 cloves of garlic chopped. Mix well. Add 2-3 chopped potatoes.
3. Add Spices. Mix and add peas. Add water. Cover and cook until 80 % done ( almost done)
4. Add grated panner. Mix well. give another 2-3 mins.
5. Finish off with mango powder, dried fenugreek leaves and garam masala. Serve warm with Roti