Ok, so you are in love with curry, spices but have you had Indian breads? Perhaps, you’ve tried Naan but how about others? Here is a list of top 10 must try Indian Breads that you got to eat before you die:
1. Plain Parantha: Goes well with dry indian dishes (called sabji’s), raita (yogurt preparations) and lentils (Dal)
2. Roti: Known by various other names like chapati, phulka/fulka, this simple Indian bread is the most common Indian food basically staple diet of east indians.
3. Aloo Parantha: This Potato stuffed Indian flatbread goes very well with plain natural homemade yogurt. They are heavy so I am usually done after two.
4. Luchi Bread or Poori: This deep fried indian flatbread is not for the faint hearted. It tastes great with chole (chickpeas) and makes for a perfect Sunday Brunch.
5. Gobi Parantha: If you love cauliflower, you’ll like this stuffed Indian flatbread.
6. Kulcha Recipe: This yeast free simple kulcha recipe is free of any artificial flavors, preservatives or other harmful ingredients. Again, great with curries and sabji’s.
7. Mooli Parantha: Although a little stinky, these Daikon radish filled paranthas (stuffed indian flatbread) will keep you full for hours.
8. Besan Puda: This bread is made using chickpeas flour and some other simple Indian spices. They make for a great snack.
9. Sooji Uttapam: These Indian style semolina crepes are quick and easy. Try them if you are craving salty pancakes.
10. Naan in the Grill: My favourite Indian bread and most popular across the nation. . You can also try making Naan in the Oven at home if you don’t have grill or use your good old skillet.