The National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) understands students that excel academically and that have shown strong management and devoted support to the group. The NJHS views prospects’ fitness based to the requirements of Character, Command, Grant, Company. Things You’ll Need Computer with word-processing system Printer Guidelines Discuss the essay’s essential suggestions. You’ll have a simpler moment publishing a balanced essay that substantially treats all of your crucial topics before drafting by drawing out the composition of one’s dissertation. (more…)
Butter chicken at home with only 6 ingredients and in 20 minutes. Try this simple butter chicken recipe today and enjoy it with Naan or Rice.
400 gms of chicken
1.5 tbsp garam masala
1 cup yogurt – plain ( greek works well)
1 cup diced tomatoes
1.5 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
Combine yogurt, chicken, salt and garam masala. Melt butter in the pan. Add chicken. Stir in tomatoes. Cook for 15 mins ( or until chicken is done) Serve with rice, roti or naan.
Starting a cafe is as compound as choosing a menu and picking a label. Having a number of essential selections to be created, preparing your restaurant layout doesn’t need to be a chore. These trial diner floor plans enable you to express your creativity while making design conclusions enjoyable. Cafe layouts need inviting to your guests and to be equally productive to your staff. Elements like the type of food you’ll serve are just as vital that you your design behind-the-moments regions including the staff and home quarters. (more…)
Ten Essay Guidelines Creating a good essay entails the type of design that is mental which could simply result from prolonged times of practice that is challenging. There is not no long to no method that is foolproof and accomplishment to follow along with. Thus what follow are tips not commandments. Nevertheless they are worth considering. Answer the complete question the question and nothing but the question. You can only score markings if you’re not being irrelevant, before crashing into the publishing therefore spend some time, to consider plainly about the essay title’s meaning and to create an article approach. (more…)
Want to make delicious and easy dessert in no time? Well, here is an easy version of ricotta cheese and Coconut flakes cheese balls, almost like ladoo. I visited my friend Victoria Paikin from Easy Recipes with a Twist and she showed me how to make these. Kids had fun rolling them out and then I ate a few with a cup of tea.Yum 🙂
Cold and Creamy with a hint of coconut and cinnamon..quite tasty. You know how much I love new, quick and easy dessert ideas 🙂
1 tub of Ricotta cheese ( or 1 lb)
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 lemon ( use 1/2 to squeeze, 1/2 as a zest)
1/2 tsp cinnamon – adding some in, sprinkling some on top
150 ml condensed milk ( or use whole can) – Condensed milk already has sugar so you don’t need to add anymore.
200 gms of unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 tsp ginger powder and cardamom powder
( you can add pinch of other flavours of your choice in their as well)
Mix together all the ingredients and let them chill for 30 mins atleast. Roll out into small balls and sprinkle with some cinnamon. You can dig right in or let them set a bit more. Nice creamy little dessert.
Happy International Waffle Day Everyone 🙂
Waffle Day is a tradition that is celebrated in Sweden, and to a lesser extent elsewhere, on March 25. Waffles are typically eaten on this day. The name comes from Vårfrudagen (“Our Lady’s Day“), which in vernacular Swedish sounds almost like Våffeldagen (waffle day). Our Lady’s Day is celebrated on March 25 (nine months before Christmas), the Christian holiday of Annunciation, and the Waffle Day is hence celebrated on the same day although it has no religious connections to Our Lady’s Day.
Let me show you how to make tasty Waffles – Indian style with simple Mango Compote.
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup veg oil
1 tbsp brown sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 and 3/4 cup (1.75 cups) milk
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp Kewra Essence/Extract
(This component is widely used in making Indian sweets and desserts)
1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder (simple crush green cardamom seeds to get this powder)
Pinch of Saffron
Mix all the ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl and then pour a portion of batter on a waffle griddle and cook until done. (Our waffle iron makes 2 at a time and usually cooks them within 3-5 mins. Individual Waffle irons may vary)
Tsp Sweetned dried coconut flakes
tbsp veg oil
1.5 tbsp sugar
drop of Kewra extract
(Chop Mango into small chunks and cook in a pan with tbsp oil, sugar (for caramalization), Kewra extract (for flavour) and coconut flakes (for texture/taste) for 5-7 mins. Pour over waffles and enjoy)
You can also enjoy these with Pineapple chutney.
Recipe here: Pineapple Chutney
Learn how to prepare lamb shoulder chop in a flavorful Indian way. Since, lamb shoulders is a tough cut of meat, it is best to marinade it overnight so that meat can become tender and yet remain succulent.
4 Lamb Shoulder Chops (Ours was about 650 gms)
1/4 cup plain homemade yogurt
Salt per taste
1/2 tsp red chilli pwd (add more to make the chops spicy)
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
Few drops of oil to brush your grill
Make a marinade by combining yogurt with all the spices. Coat lamb pieces with this marinade. Let it marinade overnight in the fridge (or atleast 30-45 mins). Bring to room temp before cooking and then put on the grill which is on medium high. Cook it for 10-12 mins (for medium-well), flipping half way through to cook both sides. Let your lamb rest for 5 mins before serving.
Lord Krishna loves Butter (Makhan) and Milk based Sweets. Khoya burfi is specially served in many Indian temples as a prashad during Janmashtami as it is his favourite sweet..
Krishna Janmashtami (Devanagari कृष्ण जन्माष्टमी kṛṣṇa janmāṣṭami), also known as Krishnashtami, Saatam Aatham, Gokulashtami, Ashtami Rohini, Srikrishna Jayanti, Sree Jayanti or sometimes merely as Janmashtami, is an annual commemoration of the birth of the Hindu deity Krishna, the eighth avatar of Vishnu. The festival is celebrated on the eighth day (Ashtami) of the Krishna Paksha (dark fortnight) of the month of Bhadrapada (August–September; However, in both traditions it is the same day.
Rasa lila, dramatic enactments of the life of Krishna, are a special feature in regions of Mathura and Vrindavan, and regions following Vaishnavism in Manipur. While the Rasa lila re-creates the flirtatious aspects of Krishna’s youthful days, the Dahi Handi celebrate God’s playful and mischievous side, where teams of young men form human towers to reach a high-hanging pot of butter and break it. This tradition, also known as uriadi, is a major event in Tamil Nadu on Gokulashtami.
Watch the following recipe video and learn how to make this delicious Indian Dessert or popular Indian sweet called Khoya Burfi or Mawa Burfi (Mawa Bites). Serve it at your next party or make it during the upcoming festival season. All you need for this Indian recipe is Khoya, condensed milk, ghee, sugar, saffron, elaichi powder( cardamom powder) and some dry fruit. This can easily last in the fridge for upto 2 weeks. Try this decadent Indian dessert today.
Featuring our new iPhone app – download at: http://www.eateastindian.com/iPhone
East Indian food can be simple to prepare and with our easy to follow videos and recipes you can make delicious meals right out of your kitchen at home! Vegetarian, Meat, Dessert, Bread, and Appetizer recipes are all available at your fingertips.
In the mood for some butter chicken or naan and don’t feel like cooking? Use our East Indian restaurant finder to find the nearest Indian restaurant.
- Browse hundreds of Indian recipe videos
- Super quick keyword search for videos
- Easy to follow recipe blog posts and cooking tips
- East Indian restaurant finder near you, by city or zip code
- App user get discounted access to our latest ebook
Paratha (Parantha) or Paronthi is an Indian flatbread cooked on the pan with help of some oil. It can be enjoyed with pickles, chutneys, raita (yogurt preparation) or by itself. Although there are no rules and regulations as to what time of the day, paratha should be consumed, vast majority enjoys it for hearty breakfast or as a brunch. They are also great for taking on the roads, for picnics and many Indian mothers give it to their kids in the lunch box.
If you are like me and love Parathas then you must try these delicious and flavorful Paratha Recipes:
1. Basic Indian Paratha : If you want to master the art of paratha making then begin by learning how to prepare this simple and plain Indian paratha. You can use whole wheat or regular wheat flour to make this fried Indian flatbread.
2. Gobi Paratha: This is my favourite paratha. It is made using grated cauliflower and basic Indian spices.
3. Mooli Paratha: Although very tasty, this paratha if wrapped can become a little stinky. It is stuffed with Mooli (or called Daikon or Radish)
4. Paneer Paratha: My kids absolutely love this paratha. Paneer which is Indian style cottage cheese is used as a stuffing for this paratha. You can make it hot or keep it mild.
5. Spinach Paratha: One of the healthier kinds of parathas, spinach parantha is a good way to consume spinach. This recipe is a great use of nutritional value of Spinach and has a high Iron content. Spinach paranthas store well in the fridge and taste excellent with dry Indian vegetables or curries. You can enjoy these Palak Parathas for lunch, dinner or even breakfast. I prefer pureeing the spinach for this recipe rather than using spinach leaves because leaves keep coming out, can burn and by using the puree, the paranthas turn out softer and more yummy with lots of flavor.
6. Egg Paratha: Egg lovers certainly enjoy this paratha. This Indian flatbread is made with stuffed egg popularly called Anda paratha. You can enjoy it as a snack or prepare it for a healthy breakfast. Ingredients required are: Wheat flour for making dough, eggs, cheese and oil for cooking.
7. Dal Paratha: My mom use to cook this paratha often with leftover Dal which is basically lentils. Any kind of Dal can be used in preparing this paratha.
8. Mint Onion Paratha: Want to keep your paratha simple but still have some flavor? Try Mint Onion Paratha.
9. Masala Egg Paratha: This is a glorified version of Masala Egg Paratha. You can add vegetables of your choice along with eggs in this paratha.
10. Aloo Paratha: One of the most popular and comparatively easy to make parathas, it is stuffed with aloo ( i.e. potatoes).
11. Rajma Paratha: A great way to use leftover beans is to prepare this Rajma (Red Kidney Beans)Paratha. Although if you are craving for this paratha, no one is going to stop you from boiling some kidney beans (or using canned beans) to make this flatbread. This Indian flatbread is quite nutritious.
12. Laccha Paratha: Although plain, this paratha is cooked slightly different then the basic paratha. Lachha Paratha is a round and flaky, multi layered Indian flatbread best enjoyed with curries or Indian vegetables. All you need for this recipe is whole wheat flour, water, oil for cooking (or butter/ghee), pinch of sugar and salt.