Chicken Handi is a kind of Chicken curry, flavourful, comforting and best enjoyed with rice or naan. Heres an easy recipe for Handi chicken that you can make in the comfort of your own kitchen, Recipe serves two.
2-3 tbsp oil
1 small chopped onion
2 tomatoes pureed
12-15 cashews ( make cashew paste out of them by soaking them in water for 10 mins and then grinding them)
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 bay leaf
1 cinnamon stick
3-4 green cardamom
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves – Kasoori methi
Cilantro fro garnish
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
salt per taste
300 gms boneless chicken
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp yogurt
– Heat oil and fry cinnamon, bay leaf, cumin, cardamom and cloves.
– After letting them sizzle for a min, add onions and ginger garlic paste. Brown the onions.
– Add chicken and seal. Add tomato puree
– Add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric
– Mix well and cook until tomatoes are no longer raw and reduced to 1/4 th of the original mixture.
– Add cashew paste and yogurt. Mix well and cook for another 1- mins.
– Finish off with pepper, cilantro and dried fenugreek leaves. Serve with rice or naan
Also, check out some of our other favourite Chicken Curry Recipes