Call them Potato Pinwheels- Party Spirals or Fried Vegetarian rollups, the point is that these bite size party appetizers are a perfect finger food, great for sharing with friends and family or to take to your next get together. Serve them with chutney of your choice and wow your guests.
To Prepare Dough
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup chickpea flour (besan)
1 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Ajwain (Carom seeds)
1/2 to 3/4 cup water to prepare dough
3-4 boiled and mashed potatoes
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin pwd
1 tsp Amchur (Mango Powder)
1 tsp Anardana (Dried Pomogranate seeds powder)
Red chilli pwd to taste
3/4 stalk of cilantro/coriander leaves
Oil for deep frying
1. Prepare the dough by combining water, flours, salt, tbsp oil and carom seeds. Let it sit for 10 mins.
2. Prepare the stuffing by mixing boiled and mashed potatoes with all the spices.
3. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Form tennis ball size dough balls and roll them out gently with the help of a rolling pin. Dust your working surface lightly with some flour.
4. Once you’ve flattened out the dough, fill it up with potato mixture. Spread the potato mixture evenly and gently press it into the dough.
5. Roll the dough from one end to form a log. Seal the end with help of some water and then cut the log into pinwheels.
6. Heat oil in a wok and fry pinwheels until golden brown on medium heat. It should take only 2-3 mins.
Serve them hot with chutney of your choice.