Hi guys, in this recipe video I share with you simple Saag Chicken Recipe. It’s easy to prepare, is quite healthy and tasty.
– Bunch of spinach Leaves (Washed and chopped)
– You can also incorporate other green leafy veggies in your dish like Rapini, Chard etc. I used some frozen Kale leaves as well.
-500 gms of chicken breast
– 2-4 tbsp oil for cooking (Vegetable oil of your choice or Canola)
– 1 tsp cumin seeds
-1/2 tsp mustard seeds
-1 large chopped onion
-3-4 cloves of garlic chopped
– small piece of ginger
-1 tsp salt ( or adjust per taste)
-1/2 tsp turmeric
-2 chopped tomatoes
-1/2 tsp chilli pwd
-2 tbsp chickpea flour ( i mix it in little bit of water and add it in my dish to thicken it up)
1/2 tsp garam masala
1. Begin by cleaning, eashing and chopping spinach leaves and chop chicken into bite size pieces.
2. Heat a pan and add oil. Once it’s hot, add cumin and mustard seeds and let them sizzle for 30 secs. Then add onions, ginger and garlic.
3. Add salt and turmeric and mix well. Let onions get soft. Once they are no longer raw, add chicken and cook for 2-3 mins until sealed or turns white.
4. Add tomatoes and red chilli powder. Cook further for 4-5 mins. Add spinach, mix well and once done another 4-5 mins, add chickpea flour (mixed in water) and let the dish thicken up. Chickpea flour soaks up the extra water left by spinach leaves.
5. Once cooked, sprinkle garam masala on top and serve with your fav. flatbread.
Like Chicken? Also try some of our other Chicken Curry Recipes