It’s wonderful to have a few good crockpot recipes on hand for busy holidays or for when you are too tired to make anything elaborate. Here is a healthy and delicious chickpea curry recipe that you can make in your slow cooker.
3 cups Chickpeas (Uncooked)
1 green chilli
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
2 tsp curry powder
5-6 stalks of Cilantro
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1. Soak chickpeas in water overnight or atleast an hour.
2. Discard the water and get your crockpot ready.
3. Place chickpeas in your slowcooker and add 8 cups of water. Add salt, turmeric and garam masala.
4. Prepare Tadka/Tempering by sauting onions, ginger garlic paste in 2 tbsp oil flavoured with cumin seeds. Add tomatoes and saute for 3-4 mins. Add Cilantro leaves and thoroughly mix.
5. Pour these tadka over chickpeas and add 2 tsp Curry powder.
6. Let the chickpeas cook overnight or all day (atleast 4-5 hrs on high or 8-10 hrs on slow)
7. Once the chickpeas are ready, serve with Rice or Naan.
If you want to prepare chicken curry in slowcooker, here’s another exciting recipe: Indian chicken stew