Egg curry is an easy Indian dish and fulfilling too. This Punjabi version of the recipe is my favourite as its flavourful and so tasty. Indian spices give eggs a unique taste and its best enjoyed with a buttery parantha, rice or naan.
1 black cardamom
1 stick of cinnamon
2-3 bay leaves/ Tej patta
1 small roughly chopped red onion
1 tbsp ginger- garlic paste/or chopped ginger and garlic
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp crushed coriander seeds ( or powder)
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves- Kasoori Methi
Fresh Cilantro leaves for garnish
Salt per taste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp Turmeric
2-3 tbsp oil
3-4 boiled eggs
– Heat oil in a pan and fry boiled eggs until golden brown.
– In another pan, heat oil and fry coriander, cumin , cardamom, cinnamon and bay leaves for 30 secs.Add ginger and garlic.
— Add onions and mix well.
– Add salt, turmeric and chilli powder. Cook for 2-3 mins.
– Add tomatoes. Mix well. Cover and cook for 3-4 mins.
– Add water and bring sauce to boil.
– Add garam masala. Add eggs.
– Add dried fenugreek leaves and cilantro. Mix well.
– Serve with Roti or rice.
More Tasty Recipes from Punjabi Cuisine: