Do you ever have one of those days when you don’t know what to prepare for dinner or you have a busy day ahead but supper still needs to be on table by 6.00 pm? Sometimes, you might have days when you say shoot.. I forgot to unfreeze the chicken..what am i gonna do for dinner now (especially if company is coming over?)
This Slow cooker Chicken Recipe might just be for you. Before you head out for work/school/to run errands/ dr. appointments etc, just set this u and have a lovely meal when you get back home.
400 gms Chicken
3-4 tbsp Oil
1 large onion
4 small tomatoes
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves called Kasoori methi
Cilantro for garnish
1/2 cup Yogurt plain
1/2 cup bell pepper Red and Green
1-2 cups mushrooms
Salt per taste
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Red chilli pwd
1. Heat Oil in the pan. Fry cumin seeds for 40 secs. Add onions, ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric, red chilli pwd. Mix well.
2. Add Tomatoes and veggies. Saute for 3-4 mins.
3. In slow cooker, add chicken, add masala from the pan. 1-2 cups water.
4. Cover and cook either 4-6 hours on high setting or 8 hours on low.
5. When chicken is done, add garam masala, fenugreek leaves, yogurt and garnish with cilantro.
Serve with flatbread of your choice or over rice.